Monday, June 11, 2007

R&R

I discovered this weekend that many of the people in my world are stretched very thin (and I could pretend that I am not one of them, but we all know that wouldn’t be true). So here are some quotations in honor of rest. Send me your R & R quotations and I will add them to the blog.

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
-Oscar Wilde

What is without periods of rest will not endure.
- Ovid

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.
- Sir John Lubbock

Be still, and know that I am God
-Psalm 46:10

don't just do something sit there

1 comment:

bethany said...

word, sistah. i feel like those last two quotations go hand in hand.