Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Moonstruck

Today's quotation is in honor of one of my Dad's favorite movies.

Moonstruck - Ronny Cammareri

"Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, but love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bullshit."

5 comments:

bethany said...

i'm not sure whether i find that quotation hopeful or despairing.

Lorso said...

Uhm... I'm with Bethany. I read that quote, and said to myself "Well, crap."

Of course, if he's right then I'm at least par for the course. And most of the time, I do pretty well!

rachelerin said...

Today it doesn't seem hopeful or despairing, just honest. What can you do?

T Gonzales said...

um, snap out of it!

rachelerin said...

Tiff - is that a reference to Moonstruck or are you telling me to get over my jaded opinions about romatic love?