Thursday, June 7, 2007

Dolly Parton

Inspired by Alexis here are a few of my favorite Dolly quotes. I adore Dolly for many reasons, she is empowered and down to earth at the same time. She has used her fame to bring industry back to the poor town she grew up in. I am especially proud that she is from East Tennessee. When I was in Kenya a few years ago I was going to have tea with a family from the church. When I walked in the door I heard Dolly playing. I was so shocked to hear her in this traditional rural Kenyan home. I got really excited. "Dolly Parton! She grew up in the same part of the country I did!" I don't think they quite understood why I was so excited. It was so wonderful to hear something familiar in a place so far from home.

Ladies and Gentlemen Dolly Parton...

Find out who you are and do it on purpose.


I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde.


It's a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I'd be a drag queen.

3 comments:

rachelerin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leigh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alexis said...

I love me some Dolly, although Heather won't let me play her cd's whilst she is in the car. Mountain music apparently hurts her ears. Yah Dolly..