Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Lesson of the Smurfs

www.cracked.com

Communism works!

"For naysayers who point to the Former Soviet Union as proof that communism is inherently flawed, may we merely direct your attention to Smurf Village, where everyone shares everything, wears similar utilitarian clothing, battles Gargamel and his turn-Smurfs-to-gold get rich quick schemes and obeys the dictates of a bearded, red hat-wearing, benevolent authority figure. Quoth Comrade Papa: “From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.” Really, he actually said that."

I am pretty sure I have heard that line about abilities and needs before. Hmmm....I wonder where

3 comments:

T Gonzales said...

I think I'm going to have to watch the smurfs sometime soon...It's been awhile.

bethany said...

i knew that sooner or later those smurfs i grew up playing with in the bathtub would turn out to be my ideological companions.

Lorso said...

Question: If I said something was "smurfy"... would that mean it was good?

I can't remember if "smurfy" was always positive or whether it might mean just anything - good, bad, or ugly.