Friday, July 20, 2007

cheers

One of my friends got married last weekend. At her shower we took some time to toast the couple. Toasting is one of my all time favorite things (if you are getting married please don't ask me to be a bridesmaid, but I am always happy to make a toast).

I used this quotation from my favorite author Tom Robbins from his book Still Life With Woodpecker. Then I added something about breaking all the rules other people have made for you to choose the life you want.

“Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet.”

So here is an official call for toasts! What are your favorite toasts?

3 comments:

bethany said...

sourdough.

Alexis said...

Excellent toast. I was trying to remember the toast I gave at my wedding, it seemed long, and I didn't use any quotes just winged it. Although at my sister's wedding I called the groom short and at my brother's wedding said that we were all surprised my brother didn't marry his best friend Derrick. In my toast I did compare my family to a 1980's movie because of the myriad of Heather's in the family. That got a laugh.

Lorso said...

Ha! I'll have to save that one. On my mom's side of the family, all the in-laws (aunts, uncles, and cousins by marriage) are referred to as "Outlaws." I think they like it...